CHUKWUEMEKA IKE –50 YEARS AS A TRAIL BLAZING NOVELIST & GLOBAL ICON ( 1965 – 2015 ). Chukwuemeka Ike’s first novel, Toads for Supper, was published in London in April 1965. 2015 marks his Golden Jubilee as a published Novelist ( or storyteller). During this period, Chukwuemeka Ike established himself as a RELEVANT NOVELIST, as the […]
Name of the competition: Fabula Press Nivalis Short Story Contest 2015 Sponsor: Fabula Press Word Limit: Min 2500 words, maximum 6000 words Theme: Nivalis, meaning winter. Prizes: Three Prizes – First prize: US$150, publication and 2 copies of the anthology Second Prize: US$100, publication and 2 copies of the anthology Third Prize: US$100, and publication All published authors get a copy […]
Conference Brief: 2ND – 6th MARCH 2015 KAMPALA, UGANDA Thirty delegates will converge in Kampala to participate in the 2nd edition of the Uganda international Writers conference, organised by the African Writers Trust and its partners. Participants will be drawn from writers, literary organisations engaged in the promotion of African literature, Arts funding agencies and […]
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network was created in 2004 with the main objective of connecting cities which want to share ideas, experiences and best practices for cultural, social and economic development. There are currently 41 member cities from around the world. In order to become a member of the Network, a city must submit an […]
African Writers Trust (AWT) will in March 2015 hold a five-day Second Edition of the Uganda International Writers conference in Kampala. Thirty delegates – drawn from writers, literary organisations engaged in the promotion of African literature, Arts funding agencies and cultural and arts practitioners from Africa and the diaspora – are expected to attend. The […]
By Glaydah Namukasa ‘UK LITERARY AGENT COMING TO UGANDA’, was the subject line of what I consider to be one of the most important emails to have come into my in-box in May, 2014. And indeed, one of those important posts that found their way on Facebook pages, and on the walls of many literary […]
AWT proudly congratulates our Trustee, Leila Aboulela who has been appointed one of the judges for the 2015 CW short story prize. Each year, the Commonwealth selects five winning writers from five different Commonwealth regions. One overall winner receives £5000, and four regional winners receive £2500 each. Closing date: Entries must be submitted via the […]
Call for Papers Dear All, I am glad to inform you that authentic, scholarly and unpublished research articles, essays, short story, poetry, book review, interviews of English Literature invited from scholars/ faculty/ researchers/ writers/ professors from all over the world for Research Scholar – An International Refereed Journal on Literary Explorations (ISSN: 2320-6101). […]
Notice to Scholarship Candidates It can be difficult for writers, before they become established, to write and to earn a living outside writing at the same time. To help fill this need the MMF awarded three Morland Writing Scholarships in November last year. The Scholarships were open to anyone who had been born in Africa or […]
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- Kofi Awoonor: Dearly loved & missed. Tributes and more September 22, 2013
- CALL FOR PAPERS: CHUKWUEMEKA IKE – 50 YEARS… December 9, 2014
- Fabula Press Nivalis Short Story Contest 2015 December 5, 2014
- UGANDA INTERNATIONAL WRITERS CONFERENCE: 2ND EDITION MEMOIR AND TRUTH December 5, 2014
- Kampala bids for inclusion in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network as a City of Literature October 28, 2014
- Writing for Liberty Conference Call October 23, 2014
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...