Dear lovely writers and friends of writers
Some events are free and open to the public, others are strictly by invitation. Scroll down to see… Highlights Theme: Memoir and Truth Dates: 1st – 6th March 2015 Place: Fairway Hotel, Kampala, Uganda Date: Sunday 1 March 2015 Activity: Cultural Performance (registration required) Time: 5.30 -8.30 pm Venue: Ndere Troupe Cultural Centre, Ntinda Persons […]
Ankara Press is delighted to announce the imminent arrival of a very special Valentine’s Day gift for all lovers of African romance. On Saturday 14th February – which also happens to be Presidential Election Day here in Nigeria (or so we believe at the time of writing…) – we will be releasing a lovingly-prepared Valentine’s […]
Kampala, Uganda 20th-22nd August, 2015 Theme: Textualities of Space: Connections, Intricacies, and Intimacies Call for papers The 2nd Eastern African Literary and Cultural Studies Conference comes as a follow-up of the East Africa at 50: A Celebration of Histories and Futures, held at the University of Nairobi in September 2013. The initiative targets and […]
CHUKWUEMEKA IKE –50 YEARS AS A TRAIL BLAZING NOVELIST & GLOBAL ICON ( 1965 – 2015 ). Chukwuemeka Ike’s first novel, Toads for Supper, was published in London in April 1965. 2015 marks his Golden Jubilee as a published Novelist ( or storyteller). During this period, Chukwuemeka Ike established himself as a RELEVANT NOVELIST, as the […]
Name of the competition: Fabula Press Nivalis Short Story Contest 2015 Sponsor: Fabula Press Word Limit: Min 2500 words, maximum 6000 words Theme: Nivalis, meaning winter. Prizes: Three Prizes – First prize: US$150, publication and 2 copies of the anthology Second Prize: US$100, publication and 2 copies of the anthology Third Prize: US$100, and publication All published authors get a copy […]
Conference Brief: 2ND – 6th MARCH 2015 KAMPALA, UGANDA Thirty delegates will converge in Kampala to participate in the 2nd edition of the Uganda international Writers conference, organised by the African Writers Trust and its partners. Participants will be drawn from writers, literary organisations engaged in the promotion of African literature, Arts funding agencies and […]
The UNESCO Creative Cities Network was created in 2004 with the main objective of connecting cities which want to share ideas, experiences and best practices for cultural, social and economic development. There are currently 41 member cities from around the world. In order to become a member of the Network, a city must submit an […]
African Writers Trust (AWT) will in March 2015 hold a five-day Second Edition of the Uganda International Writers conference in Kampala. Thirty delegates – drawn from writers, literary organisations engaged in the promotion of African literature, Arts funding agencies and cultural and arts practitioners from Africa and the diaspora – are expected to attend. The […]
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Invitation to AWT Public Reading at Kati Kati, Kampala March 1, 2015
- Uganda International Writers Conference: 2nd edition. 1-6 March 2015 February 23, 2015
- The Valentine’s Day Anthology of African Romance February 14, 2015
- The 2nd Eastern African Literary and Cultural Studies Conference, Makerere University February 9, 2015
- CALL FOR PAPERS: CHUKWUEMEKA IKE – 50 YEARS… December 9, 2014
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...