Public invitation to participate in the Uganda International Writers Conference 2013 Mark your calendars: African Writers Trust is organising an International writers’ conference in Kampala, Uganda, from 7th to 9th March 2013. The theme of the conference is Dialogue Across the Diaspora, Across the Continent. The conference will offer two activities: 1. Training sessions for [...]
Tag Archives | African literature
Reminder: Deadline extended to 17 Sept. 2012 for the new Kwani Trust literary prize for African writing
We suspect that any & all visitors to AfricanWritersTrust.org already know about and regularly visit Kwani.org, the Internet home to Kwani Trust, one of Africa’s most dynamic cultural organizations. But since it can’t hurt to pay more attention to a very good thing, a reminder that
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Good News: Etisalat Prize for Literature June 13, 2013
- NoViolet Bulawayo discusses why “We Need New Names” June 13, 2013
- Writing My Truth: Hellen Nyana June 10, 2013
- How The Uganda International Writers Conference changed my life. June 7, 2013
- 5 Ways Young Writers Can Benefit from Storiad June 7, 2013
- Jeanne: Great work Hellen! Being a writer in Uganda is def...
- Doreen Lwanga: This is great Hellen? First off, it was great t...
- Bwandungi: I cannot tell you how eager I am to be in touch wi...
- James Varney Dwalu: So true Shadreck. One greatest moment at the confe...
- Barya: Bravo, Shadreck! Seriously, you carried JP--“O...