From Kadija George Read A Child’s Life for €375 Tina Okpara’s memoir, MY LIFE HAS A PRICE takes us on her 5-year journey to hell; from a loving yet poor childhood in Nigeria to the ordeal of modern day slavery in wealthy, suburban Paris. She was only 13 when celebrity footballer, Godwin Okpara and his […]
Tag Archives | Amalion
In an age where Independent Presses are dying a natural death, or being bought by multinationals, it takes courage to dream of opening one. Amalion Publishing, in Dakar, Senegal, launched its first publication in June 2009, and has since published seven more books. That’s a big achievement in a continent that has for many years […]
WITO MUHIMU (Urgent Call): 10-12-2013
WITO MUHIMU WA KUWASILISHA: (PDF)
Apelo URGENTE à submissão de candidaturas: (PDF)
URGENT Appel à candidature: (PDF)
- URGENT Call for submissions: Africa39 Project December 7, 2013
- CALL FOR BN POETRY AWARD 2014 December 6, 2013
- Announcing Writivism 2014 Creative Writing Workshops November 24, 2013
- Irki is for Homeland, Kadija Sesay’s first poetry book November 21, 2013
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- AWT’s Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi wins the Kwani? Manuscript Project July 3, 2013
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...
- TJH: Let's note also the amazing vids that DZM and Poe...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I just want to add my thoughts to this discussion:...
- Barya: Thank you! I think each writer has such challenges...