From Kadija George Read A Child’s Life for €375 Tina Okpara’s memoir, MY LIFE HAS A PRICE takes us on her 5-year journey to hell; from a loving yet poor childhood in Nigeria to the ordeal of modern day slavery in wealthy, suburban Paris. She was only 13 when celebrity footballer, Godwin Okpara and his […]
Tag Archives | Amalion
In an age where Independent Presses are dying a natural death, or being bought by multinationals, it takes courage to dream of opening one. Amalion Publishing, in Dakar, Senegal, launched its first publication in June 2009, and has since published seven more books. That’s a big achievement in a continent that has for many years […]
- 2015 Bayimba Creative Writers Workshop June 23, 2015
- 2015 MORLAND WRITING SCHOLARSHIPS June 15, 2015
- Calling new Ankara Press writers! -a call for submission May 26, 2015
- SARABA: CALL FOR SUBMISSION May 19, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Cliff Ratzlaff Ph.D.: Mudzimai , Musikana we Nezuro,; makori ye kare kar...
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....