From Kadija George Read A Child’s Life for €375 Tina Okpara’s memoir, MY LIFE HAS A PRICE takes us on her 5-year journey to hell; from a loving yet poor childhood in Nigeria to the ordeal of modern day slavery in wealthy, suburban Paris. She was only 13 when celebrity footballer, Godwin Okpara and his […]
Tag Archives | Amalion
In an age where Independent Presses are dying a natural death, or being bought by multinationals, it takes courage to dream of opening one. Amalion Publishing, in Dakar, Senegal, launched its first publication in June 2009, and has since published seven more books. That’s a big achievement in a continent that has for many years […]
- Kampala bids for inclusion in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network as a City of Literature October 28, 2014
- Writing for Liberty Conference Call October 23, 2014
- AWT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Conference Administrator October 16, 2014
- My interaction with a literary agent boosted my confidence as a writer October 12, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...