From Kadija George Read A Child’s Life for €375 Tina Okpara’s memoir, MY LIFE HAS A PRICE takes us on her 5-year journey to hell; from a loving yet poor childhood in Nigeria to the ordeal of modern day slavery in wealthy, suburban Paris. She was only 13 when celebrity footballer, Godwin Okpara and his […]
Tag Archives | Amalion
In an age where Independent Presses are dying a natural death, or being bought by multinationals, it takes courage to dream of opening one. Amalion Publishing, in Dakar, Senegal, launched its first publication in June 2009, and has since published seven more books. That’s a big achievement in a continent that has for many years […]
- AFRICAN WRITERS TRUST AND COMMONWEALTH WRITERS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS February 27, 2014
- introducing StoryMondo February 24, 2014
- The Segregated Gaze: Assia Djebar’s Women of Algiers in Their Apartment February 4, 2014
- Non-fiction Workshop, Uganda 9-13 June 2014 February 1, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- rael nyanchama: thanks for the organization that helps and empower...
- TJH: Thank you for this review. I will ask that this b...
- Langa Sarakikya: Is there a theme?...
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...