Some small good news for those who worry that East Africa is a literary dwarf, desert, or disrespectful “d” word of choice. In February and March 2010, AWT sponsored a workshop for college writers to learn more about the professional craft and about publishing opportunities both inside and outside of Africa. We thank Diana Nabiruma […]
Tag Archives | AWTnews
In AllAfrica.com for 16 April 2010, African Writers Trust founder Goretti Kyomuhendo is quoted in the article “East Africa: Why Region Still Remains a Literary Dwarf.” To excerpt from the article: East Africa, condemned in the 1960s by Taban lo Liyong as a “literary desert”, has once again registered a poor showing at the Commonwealth […]
- Writing for Liberty Conference Call October 23, 2014
- AWT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Conference Administrator October 16, 2014
- My interaction with a literary agent boosted my confidence as a writer October 12, 2014
- The 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Judges September 25, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...