Some small good news for those who worry that East Africa is a literary dwarf, desert, or disrespectful “d” word of choice. In February and March 2010, AWT sponsored a workshop for college writers to learn more about the professional craft and about publishing opportunities both inside and outside of Africa. We thank Diana Nabiruma […]
Tag Archives | AWTnews
In AllAfrica.com for 16 April 2010, African Writers Trust founder Goretti Kyomuhendo is quoted in the article “East Africa: Why Region Still Remains a Literary Dwarf.” To excerpt from the article: East Africa, condemned in the 1960s by Taban lo Liyong as a “literary desert”, has once again registered a poor showing at the Commonwealth […]
- Women and the Global Imagination call for poems April 19, 2014
- The Essential Handbook for African Creative Writers March 31, 2014
- AFRICAN WRITERS TRUST AND COMMONWEALTH WRITERS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS February 27, 2014
- introducing StoryMondo February 24, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Diana Karanja: Can't wait to read it. Meantime if you would like...
- Neha Sharma: The first of a trilogy, Ben Okri's book blows you...
- Sylvia Makandi: Read her book...
- Sylvia Makandi: Ho This great Lady, I met her when still writing...