AWT is proud of the writers who successfully completed the online mentoring program in association with the British Council. To read a sample of their works click here
Tag Archives | British Council
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
I am writing to invite you to participate in the international dialogue on writing and publishing. The discussion will focus on the general theme: Where is the Great African Novel? The debate will further examine some of the contemporary literary trends in writing today and new perspectives on publishing. It will address questions about the […]
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary […]
At African Writers Trust, we are gearing up for a Literary Feast in May, 2012. In partnership with DOEN Foundation and British Council, we have invited a performance poet, an international publisher and a leading literary agent, all from the UK to come to Uganda and engage with writers, publishers, editors, poets, academics, journalists, students […]
Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
- Uganda International Writers Conference: 2nd edition. 1-6 March 2015 February 23, 2015
- The Valentine’s Day Anthology of African Romance February 14, 2015
- The 2nd Eastern African Literary and Cultural Studies Conference, Makerere University February 9, 2015
- CALL FOR PAPERS: CHUKWUEMEKA IKE – 50 YEARS… December 9, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Goretti Kyomuhendo, named Judge for 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize November 1, 2012
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....