I am writing to invite you to participate in the international dialogue on writing and publishing. The discussion will focus on the general theme: Where is the Great African Novel? The debate will further examine some of the contemporary literary trends in writing today and new perspectives on publishing. It will address questions about the […]
Tag Archives | DOEN Foundation
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary […]
At African Writers Trust, we are gearing up for a Literary Feast in May, 2012. In partnership with DOEN Foundation and British Council, we have invited a performance poet, an international publisher and a leading literary agent, all from the UK to come to Uganda and engage with writers, publishers, editors, poets, academics, journalists, students […]
Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
WITO MUHIMU (Urgent Call): 10-12-2013
WITO MUHIMU WA KUWASILISHA: (PDF)
Apelo URGENTE à submissão de candidaturas: (PDF)
URGENT Appel à candidature: (PDF)
- URGENT Call for submissions: Africa39 Project December 7, 2013
- CALL FOR BN POETRY AWARD 2014 December 6, 2013
- Announcing Writivism 2014 Creative Writing Workshops November 24, 2013
- Irki is for Homeland, Kadija Sesay’s first poetry book November 21, 2013
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- AWT’s Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi wins the Kwani? Manuscript Project July 3, 2013
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...
- TJH: Let's note also the amazing vids that DZM and Poe...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I just want to add my thoughts to this discussion:...
- Barya: Thank you! I think each writer has such challenges...