More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
Tag Archives | Ellah Allfrey
I am writing to invite you to participate in the international dialogue on writing and publishing. The discussion will focus on the general theme: Where is the Great African Novel? The debate will further examine some of the contemporary literary trends in writing today and new perspectives on publishing. It will address questions about the […]
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary […]
- The Essential Handbook for African Creative Writers March 31, 2014
- AFRICAN WRITERS TRUST AND COMMONWEALTH WRITERS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS February 27, 2014
- introducing StoryMondo February 24, 2014
- The Segregated Gaze: Assia Djebar’s Women of Algiers in Their Apartment February 4, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Diana Karanja: Can't wait to read it. Meantime if you would like...
- Neha Sharma: The first of a trilogy, Ben Okri's book blows you...
- Sylvia Makandi: Read her book...
- Sylvia Makandi: Ho This great Lady, I met her when still writing...