Written by Otieno Owino Whenever I have applied to be considered for an opportunity, I have always had mixed reactions. Where will my letter end? Will they consider it? Will they write back to say how they regret leaving me out? Or will there be a letter that drags a smile out of my heart […]
Tag Archives | Ellah Allfrey
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel— that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
I am writing to invite you to participate in the international dialogue on writing and publishing. The discussion will focus on the general theme: Where is the Great African Novel? The debate will further examine some of the contemporary literary trends in writing today and new perspectives on publishing. It will address questions about the […]
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary […]
- 2015 Bayimba Creative Writers Workshop June 23, 2015
- 2015 MORLAND WRITING SCHOLARSHIPS June 15, 2015
- Calling new Ankara Press writers! -a call for submission May 26, 2015
- SARABA: CALL FOR SUBMISSION May 19, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Cliff Ratzlaff Ph.D.: Mudzimai , Musikana we Nezuro,; makori ye kare kar...
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....