Article written by Steve Mwase, Capt Rtd & Author. Writing is not as simple as I used to imagine. I developed an idea for a book right after I retired from the army in 1992. I started to write in 1995, and by 1998, I had achieved a manuscript. But only 2000 words of the […]
Tag Archives | emerging writers
By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
WITO MUHIMU (Urgent Call): 10-12-2013
WITO MUHIMU WA KUWASILISHA: (PDF)
Apelo URGENTE à submissão de candidaturas: (PDF)
URGENT Appel à candidature: (PDF)
- URGENT Call for submissions: Africa39 Project December 7, 2013
- CALL FOR BN POETRY AWARD 2014 December 6, 2013
- Announcing Writivism 2014 Creative Writing Workshops November 24, 2013
- Irki is for Homeland, Kadija Sesay’s first poetry book November 21, 2013
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- AWT’s Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi wins the Kwani? Manuscript Project July 3, 2013
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...
- TJH: Let's note also the amazing vids that DZM and Poe...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I just want to add my thoughts to this discussion:...
- Barya: Thank you! I think each writer has such challenges...