Article written by Steve Mwase, Capt Rtd & Author. Writing is not as simple as I used to imagine. I developed an idea for a book right after I retired from the army in 1992. I started to write in 1995, and by 1998, I had achieved a manuscript. But only 2000 words of the […]
Tag Archives | emerging writers
By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
- AWT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Conference Administrator October 16, 2014
- My interaction with a literary agent boosted my confidence as a writer October 12, 2014
- The 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Judges September 25, 2014
- Research Scholar: An International Refereed e-Journal of Literary Explorations September 25, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...