Article written by Steve Mwase, Capt Rtd & Author. Writing is not as simple as I used to imagine. I developed an idea for a book right after I retired from the army in 1992. I started to write in 1995, and by 1998, I had achieved a manuscript. But only 2000 words of the […]
Tag Archives | emerging writers
By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
- Invitation to AWT Public Reading at Kati Kati, Kampala March 1, 2015
- Uganda International Writers Conference: 2nd edition. 1-6 March 2015 February 23, 2015
- The Valentine’s Day Anthology of African Romance February 14, 2015
- The 2nd Eastern African Literary and Cultural Studies Conference, Makerere University February 9, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....