Article written by Steve Mwase, Capt Rtd & Author. Writing is not as simple as I used to imagine. I developed an idea for a book right after I retired from the army in 1992. I started to write in 1995, and by 1998, I had achieved a manuscript. But only 2000 words of the [...]
Tag Archives | emerging writers
By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- The Nature(s) of African Writers May 19, 2013
- Congratulations to the Commonwealth 2013 Winners May 14, 2013
- Northeast Review welcomes submissions May 13, 2013
- Announcing Centre for African Cultural Excellence WriTivism Festival, August 2013 May 9, 2013
- Jack Mapanje on our mission May 8, 2013
- Harriet Anena: Great memories. Great team of word smiths. Keep up...
- Roni Semere: I have just finished reading this book and have to...
- Emmanuel: Thank you Barya....
- Emmanuel Monychol: Where is dignity and integrity, when what we write...
- Goretti: Safari Njema, dear Achebe! My greatest literary Ic...