FEMRITE is calling for submissions for the 6th Residency for African Women Writers which will be co-hosted with the Swedish literary magazine Karavan, in October 2014. The 10-Day Writing Residency will give selected writers the opportunity to work on their writing projects, interact with other writers, give and receive literary feedback from mentors and to […]
Tag Archives | FEMRITE
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary […]
Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
- AFRICAN WRITERS TRUST AND COMMONWEALTH WRITERS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS February 27, 2014
- introducing StoryMondo February 24, 2014
- The Segregated Gaze: Assia Djebar’s Women of Algiers in Their Apartment February 4, 2014
- Non-fiction Workshop, Uganda 9-13 June 2014 February 1, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- rael nyanchama: thanks for the organization that helps and empower...
- TJH: Thank you for this review. I will ask that this b...
- Langa Sarakikya: Is there a theme?...
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...