The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) in collaboration with FEMRITE – Uganda Women Writers Association, invites African women writers and journalists to apply for the Writing for Social Change Workshop 2015. This 10-day writing workshop, will be taking place in Uganda from July 27 to August 5, 2015. The workshop will be facilitated by […]
Tag Archives | FEMRITE
FEMRITE is calling for submissions for the 6th Residency for African Women Writers which will be co-hosted with the Swedish literary magazine Karavan, in October 2014. The 10-Day Writing Residency will give selected writers the opportunity to work on their writing projects, interact with other writers, give and receive literary feedback from mentors and to […]
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary […]
Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
- 2015 Bayimba Creative Writers Workshop June 23, 2015
- 2015 MORLAND WRITING SCHOLARSHIPS June 15, 2015
- Calling new Ankara Press writers! -a call for submission May 26, 2015
- SARABA: CALL FOR SUBMISSION May 19, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Cliff Ratzlaff Ph.D.: Mudzimai , Musikana we Nezuro,; makori ye kare kar...
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....