Words Without Borders, an online magazine for International Literature in English translation, seeks submissions of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for an issue of African women’s writing. Submissions must have been written in a language other than English and may not have already been published in English translation. We will consider up to five poems from […]
Tag Archives | Francophone
In an age where Independent Presses are dying a natural death, or being bought by multinationals, it takes courage to dream of opening one. Amalion Publishing, in Dakar, Senegal, launched its first publication in June 2009, and has since published seven more books. That’s a big achievement in a continent that has for many years […]
- AFRICAN WRITERS TRUST AND COMMONWEALTH WRITERS CALL FOR APPLICATIONS February 27, 2014
- introducing StoryMondo February 24, 2014
- The Segregated Gaze: Assia Djebar’s Women of Algiers in Their Apartment February 4, 2014
- Non-fiction Workshop, Uganda 9-13 June 2014 February 1, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- rael nyanchama: thanks for the organization that helps and empower...
- TJH: Thank you for this review. I will ask that this b...
- Langa Sarakikya: Is there a theme?...
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...