From Kadija George Read A Child’s Life for €375 Tina Okpara’s memoir, MY LIFE HAS A PRICE takes us on her 5-year journey to hell; from a loving yet poor childhood in Nigeria to the ordeal of modern day slavery in wealthy, suburban Paris. She was only 13 when celebrity footballer, Godwin Okpara and his [...]
Tag Archives | Free Word Centre
Straight from the organizers’ website: ‘The African Book Festival evolved out of an earlier event run by Nii Ayikwei Parkes, called the African Book Mark, as a response to complaints about a lack of range of books from Africa in bookstores. He invited publishers to send books at a discount and, where possible, authors to the [...]
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- The Nature(s) of African Writers May 19, 2013
- Congratulations to the Commonwealth 2013 Winners May 14, 2013
- Northeast Review welcomes submissions May 13, 2013
- Announcing Centre for African Cultural Excellence WriTivism Festival, August 2013 May 9, 2013
- Jack Mapanje on our mission May 8, 2013
- Harriet Anena: Great memories. Great team of word smiths. Keep up...
- Roni Semere: I have just finished reading this book and have to...
- Emmanuel: Thank you Barya....
- Emmanuel Monychol: Where is dignity and integrity, when what we write...
- Goretti: Safari Njema, dear Achebe! My greatest literary Ic...