Goretti Kyomuhendo African Writers Trust would like to hear your thoughts on and tributes to his influence and accomplishments. Below, some remarks made in 2012 by Goretti Kyomuhendo on Chinua Achebe’s importance to her:
Tag Archives | Goretti Kyomuhendo
Straight from the organizers’ website: ‘The African Book Festival evolved out of an earlier event run by Nii Ayikwei Parkes, called the African Book Mark, as a response to complaints about a lack of range of books from Africa in bookstores. He invited publishers to send books at a discount and, where possible, authors to the […]
Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
Quite a detailed one on African Writers Trust. Beatrice Lamwaka was recently shortlisted for the Caine Prize 2011 for her short story, Butterfly Dreams. In this interview, Kyomuhendo highlights the beginning, current status and vision of the Trust. Click here to read the interview.
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually […]
- Great Conversations at the Uganda International Writers Conference March 27, 2015
- Anthology of Non-fiction from Africa – Call for Proposals. Deadline 20 April March 21, 2015
- FT/OppenheimerFunds Emerging Voices Awards 2015 March 20, 2015
- Here to Stay: An African Literary Renaissance March 14, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....