Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
Tag Archives | Goretti
Some small good news for those who worry that East Africa is a literary dwarf, desert, or disrespectful “d” word of choice. In February and March 2010, AWT sponsored a workshop for college writers to learn more about the professional craft and about publishing opportunities both inside and outside of Africa. We thank Diana Nabiruma […]
In AllAfrica.com for 16 April 2010, African Writers Trust founder Goretti Kyomuhendo is quoted in the article “East Africa: Why Region Still Remains a Literary Dwarf.” To excerpt from the article: East Africa, condemned in the 1960s by Taban lo Liyong as a “literary desert”, has once again registered a poor showing at the Commonwealth […]
- Calling new Ankara Press writers! -a call for submission May 26, 2015
- SARABA; CALL FOR SUBMISSION May 19, 2015
- Writing for Social Change Workshop, Uganda 2015 May 15, 2015
- One- Day Novel Writing Masterclass With Jackee Batanda. April 27, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....