By Guest writer: Shadreck Chikoti ( Malawi) The first piece I ever wrote in my life, which never saw the corridors of any publishing house, and whose whereabouts I can’t track, was a poem. So I started off on my writing voyage as a poet and my secret mentor at that time was Jack Mapanje; […]
Tag Archives | Jack Mapanje
“Gatherings like these help us to know each other and keep Africa writing,” Jack Mapanje said.“We should not separate ourselves, we should not be discriminatory, and we should continue working for the good of each other.” He said the best of writers “represent the conscience and memory of their generation,” arguing that there should be […]
Ladies and gentlemen: You are invited to: Public Reading with visiting writers James Dwalu (Liberia), Shadreck Chikoti (Malawi), Jack Mapanje (UK-Malawi), Nii Parkes (UK, Ghana) Alphonse Muambi (DR-Congo/ Netherlands), Billy Kahora (Kenya). Venue: Alfredo’z Dine Out, Bukoto (near Kabira Country Club) Date: Sunday 10th March 2013 Time: 5-7 p.m. Info: 0701 200-508 or 0783 170 137 […]
Public invitation to participate in the Uganda International Writers Conference 2013 Mark your calendars: African Writers Trust is organising an International writers’ conference in Kampala, Uganda, from 7th to 9th March 2013. The theme of the conference is Dialogue Across the Diaspora, Across the Continent. The conference will offer two activities: 1. Training sessions for […]
- The Solitude Issue of Saraba Magazine August 4, 2014
- Love on the Road 2014 writing contest July 15, 2014
- I am Ready to Become a Full Time Editor, says Otieno Owino July 14, 2014
- AWT EDITORS WORKSHOP WAS AWESOME July 7, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...