Jackee Budesta Batanda, as well known in some circles for her journalism as for her prize-winning fiction, posted recently (18 October 2012) on the policing of social media in Uganda, and its potential chilling effects on citizen involvement, participation, and freedom of expression. Her other posts this month include a meditation on Uganda celebrating its […]
Tag Archives | Jackee Batanda
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually […]
WITO MUHIMU (Urgent Call): 10-12-2013
WITO MUHIMU WA KUWASILISHA: (PDF)
Apelo URGENTE à submissão de candidaturas: (PDF)
URGENT Appel à candidature: (PDF)
- URGENT Call for submissions: Africa39 Project December 7, 2013
- CALL FOR BN POETRY AWARD 2014 December 6, 2013
- Announcing Writivism 2014 Creative Writing Workshops November 24, 2013
- Irki is for Homeland, Kadija Sesay’s first poetry book November 21, 2013
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- AWT’s Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi wins the Kwani? Manuscript Project July 3, 2013
- Femi Ikutiyinu: African Television (AFTV) offers to partner with y...
- TJH: Let's note also the amazing vids that DZM and Poe...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I just want to add my thoughts to this discussion:...
- Barya: Thank you! I think each writer has such challenges...