The Kwani? Manuscript Project, a new one-off literary prize for unpublished fiction from African writers, is delighted to announce a shortlist. The seven shortlisted titles, selected from a longlist of 30, are: Ayobami Adebayo, Stay with Me (Nigeria) Ayesha Harruna Attah, Saturday’s People (Ghana / US) Stanley Gazemba, Ghettoboy (Kenya) Toni Kan, The Carnivorous City […]
Tag Archives | Kwani Trust
Reminder: Deadline extended to 17 Sept. 2012 for the new Kwani Trust literary prize for African writing
We suspect that any & all visitors to AfricanWritersTrust.org already know about and regularly visit Kwani.org, the Internet home to Kwani Trust, one of Africa’s most dynamic cultural organizations. But since it can’t hurt to pay more attention to a very good thing, a reminder that
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
By Emmanuel Monychol – student at Uganda Christian University. African Writers Trust (AWT) has helped solve the dilemma of a young African writer in Uganda. I was fortunate enough to attend the fruitful writers’ workshop in February 2010, in Kampala, Uganda. I was once a distressed young writer – with no sense of direction. […]
- CALL FOR PAPERS: CHUKWUEMEKA IKE – 50 YEARS… December 9, 2014
- Fabula Press Nivalis Short Story Contest 2015 December 5, 2014
- UGANDA INTERNATIONAL WRITERS CONFERENCE: 2ND EDITION MEMOIR AND TRUTH December 5, 2014
- Kampala bids for inclusion in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network as a City of Literature October 28, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....