Public invitation to participate in the Uganda International Writers Conference 2013 Mark your calendars: African Writers Trust is organising an International writers’ conference in Kampala, Uganda, from 7th to 9th March 2013. The theme of the conference is Dialogue Across the Diaspora, Across the Continent. The conference will offer two activities: 1. Training sessions for [...]
Tag Archives | Nii Ayikwei Parkes
Straight from the organizers’ website: ‘The African Book Festival evolved out of an earlier event run by Nii Ayikwei Parkes, called the African Book Mark, as a response to complaints about a lack of range of books from Africa in bookstores. He invited publishers to send books at a discount and, where possible, authors to the [...]
May is happening, like we say. Writing happening, and this is still the beginning. You have to watch this vibrant writers’ Trust. Support, encourage, applaud, and read. Nii Ayikwei Parkes shares his passion for writers and writing with the Ugandan audience.
There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary [...]
At African Writers Trust, we are gearing up for a Literary Feast in May, 2012. In partnership with DOEN Foundation and British Council, we have invited a performance poet, an international publisher and a leading literary agent, all from the UK to come to Uganda and engage with writers, publishers, editors, poets, academics, journalists, students [...]
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- Good News: Etisalat Prize for Literature June 13, 2013
- NoViolet Bulawayo discusses why “We Need New Names” June 13, 2013
- Writing My Truth: Hellen Nyana June 10, 2013
- How The Uganda International Writers Conference changed my life. June 7, 2013
- 5 Ways Young Writers Can Benefit from Storiad June 7, 2013
- Jeanne: Great work Hellen! Being a writer in Uganda is def...
- Doreen Lwanga: This is great Hellen? First off, it was great t...
- Bwandungi: I cannot tell you how eager I am to be in touch wi...
- James Varney Dwalu: So true Shadreck. One greatest moment at the confe...
- Barya: Bravo, Shadreck! Seriously, you carried JP--“O...