Two writing and mentoring workshops for emerging Ugandan writers kicked off at the end of October 2011, running through the first week of November at the Uganda National Museum in Kampala. The workshops were organised by African Writers Trust, (AWT) an organisation based in the UK and operational in Uganda, that facilitates interactions between African […]
Tag Archives | South Africa
By Emmanuel Monychol I would like to congratulate Aminatta Forna (Sierra Leone) author of Memory of Love and Cynthia Jele (South Africa) author of Happiness is a four-letter word for winning this year’s Commonwealth Writers Prize for Best Book and Best First Book Africa region respectively.
- Dilman Dila on Digital Publishing in Uganda March 30, 2015
- Submit your poem for the 2015 BN Poetry Award March 30, 2015
- Great Conversations at the Uganda International Writers Conference March 27, 2015
- Anthology of Non-fiction from Africa – Call for Proposals. Deadline 20 April March 21, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....