Susan Nalugwa Kiguli, PhD, is well-known in African literary circles as a poet, scholar, and educator. Susan also serves on the board of African Writers Trust. (For more on Kiguli’s achievments). ZHANG Jinjin, the translator, is a poet and a member of the Integrative Studies Program at Shantou University, China. The selections are from Kiguli’s […]
Tag Archives | Susan Kiguli
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually […]
- Love on the Road 2014 writing contest July 15, 2014
- I am Ready to Become a Full Time Editor, says Otieno Owino July 14, 2014
- AWT EDITORS WORKSHOP WAS AWESOME July 7, 2014
- Ellah Wakatama Allfrey on how she became an editor and why editing should be professionalised June 30, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- AWT’s Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi wins the Kwani? Manuscript Project July 3, 2013
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...