More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 [...]
Tag Archives | Susan Kiguli
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually [...]
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Last call: The 5th and final BN Poetry Award for Uganda (before going International) May 23, 2013
- The Nature(s) of African Writers May 19, 2013
- Congratulations to the Commonwealth 2013 Winners May 14, 2013
- Northeast Review welcomes submissions May 13, 2013
- Announcing Centre for African Cultural Excellence WriTivism Festival, August 2013 May 9, 2013
- Harriet Anena: Great memories. Great team of word smiths. Keep up...
- Roni Semere: I have just finished reading this book and have to...
- Emmanuel: Thank you Barya....
- Emmanuel Monychol: Where is dignity and integrity, when what we write...
- Goretti: Safari Njema, dear Achebe! My greatest literary Ic...