Susan Nalugwa Kiguli, PhD, is well-known in African literary circles as a poet, scholar, and educator. Susan also serves on the board of African Writers Trust. (For more on Kiguli’s achievments). ZHANG Jinjin, the translator, is a poet and a member of the Integrative Studies Program at Shantou University, China. The selections are from Kiguli’s […]
Tag Archives | Susan Kiguli
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually […]
- CALL FOR PAPERS: CHUKWUEMEKA IKE – 50 YEARS… December 9, 2014
- Fabula Press Nivalis Short Story Contest 2015 December 5, 2014
- UGANDA INTERNATIONAL WRITERS CONFERENCE: 2ND EDITION MEMOIR AND TRUTH December 5, 2014
- Kampala bids for inclusion in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network as a City of Literature October 28, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...