3rd March, 2015. Morning session In the years following independence (1960’s for most African countries), many African writers including Chinua Achebe, Okot p’Bitek, Ngugi wa Thiong’o, Nuruddin Farah, Ama Ata Aidoo, Flora Nwapa, wrote and published high quality literature which has withstood the test of time. Their works launched Africa’s Literature on the international literary […]
Tag Archives | Susan Kiguli
Susan Nalugwa Kiguli, PhD, is well-known in African literary circles as a poet, scholar, and educator. Susan also serves on the board of African Writers Trust. (For more on Kiguli’s achievments). ZHANG Jinjin, the translator, is a poet and a member of the Integrative Studies Program at Shantou University, China. The selections are from Kiguli’s […]
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually […]
- Dilman Dila on Digital Publishing in Uganda March 30, 2015
- Submit your poem for the 2015 BN Poetry Award March 30, 2015
- Great Conversations at the Uganda International Writers Conference March 27, 2015
- Anthology of Non-fiction from Africa – Call for Proposals. Deadline 20 April March 21, 2015
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Fine Boys: telling a generation’s story in tricolour July 27, 2012
- Mbizo Chirasha: Dear Uganda With compliments of the new year ...
- John Bosco Bongomin: Regards to you,sister Barya! Its great news to Ug...
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....