Susan Nalugwa Kiguli, PhD, is well-known in African literary circles as a poet, scholar, and educator. Susan also serves on the board of African Writers Trust. (For more on Kiguli’s achievments). ZHANG Jinjin, the translator, is a poet and a member of the Integrative Studies Program at Shantou University, China. The selections are from Kiguli’s […]
Tag Archives | Susan Kiguli
More from the International Public Dialogue–Where is the Great African Novel– that was held on 31 May, 2012. Also present was Doreen Baingana, Ugandan author of Tropical Fish, which won the 2006 Commonwealth Writers’ Prize, best first book, Africa, and an AWP Short Fiction Award. With her is Prof. Timothy Wangusa, author of Salutations: Poems 1965-1975 […]
By Goretti Kyomuhendo In my 15 years as a cultural worker, I don’t remember any one moment when I found it easy to raise funds to do my work. It has always been a struggle. Culture, and any work related to it is always pushed to the periphery. What is given more priority is usually […]
- The 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Judges September 25, 2014
- Research Scholar: An International Refereed e-Journal of Literary Explorations September 25, 2014
- 2014 MORLAND WRITING SCHOLARSHIPS September 17, 2014
- GLENNA LUSCHEI AFRICAN POETRY PRIZE DEADLINE: 1 OCTOBER September 17, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...