There was poetry in all his gestures. In the way he teased and toyed with his audience; played and poked fun at the gathering of emerging and established poets and writers, students, academics and book lovers from across the board who turned up at Uganda’s National Cultural Centre on Thursday, 10th May for the literary [...]
Tag Archives | The Makings of You
At African Writers Trust, we are gearing up for a Literary Feast in May, 2012. In partnership with DOEN Foundation and British Council, we have invited a performance poet, an international publisher and a leading literary agent, all from the UK to come to Uganda and engage with writers, publishers, editors, poets, academics, journalists, students [...]
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Last call: The 5th and final BN Poetry Award for Uganda (before going International) May 23, 2013
- The Nature(s) of African Writers May 19, 2013
- Congratulations to the Commonwealth 2013 Winners May 14, 2013
- Northeast Review welcomes submissions May 13, 2013
- Announcing Centre for African Cultural Excellence WriTivism Festival, August 2013 May 9, 2013
- Harriet Anena: Great memories. Great team of word smiths. Keep up...
- Roni Semere: I have just finished reading this book and have to...
- Emmanuel: Thank you Barya....
- Emmanuel Monychol: Where is dignity and integrity, when what we write...
- Goretti: Safari Njema, dear Achebe! My greatest literary Ic...