By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
Tag Archives | Uganda Christian University
By Emmanuel Monychol – student at Uganda Christian University. African Writers Trust (AWT) has helped solve the dilemma of a young African writer in Uganda. I was fortunate enough to attend the fruitful writers’ workshop in February 2010, in Kampala, Uganda. I was once a distressed young writer – with no sense of direction. [...]
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- Updates from African Writers Trust April 6, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Last call: The 5th and final BN Poetry Award for Uganda (before going International) May 23, 2013
- The Nature(s) of African Writers May 19, 2013
- Congratulations to the Commonwealth 2013 Winners May 14, 2013
- Northeast Review welcomes submissions May 13, 2013
- Announcing Centre for African Cultural Excellence WriTivism Festival, August 2013 May 9, 2013
- Harriet Anena: Great memories. Great team of word smiths. Keep up...
- Roni Semere: I have just finished reading this book and have to...
- Emmanuel: Thank you Barya....
- Emmanuel Monychol: Where is dignity and integrity, when what we write...
- Goretti: Safari Njema, dear Achebe! My greatest literary Ic...