Often a writer is expected to play a major role in society, not only as a cultural agent through writing but also as an activist and well, change agent, giving timely views and opinions on whatever is going on or whatever needs to change.
Tag Archives | Uganda Museum
By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
- The 2015 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Judges September 25, 2014
- Research Scholar: An International Refereed e-Journal of Literary Explorations September 25, 2014
- 2014 MORLAND WRITING SCHOLARSHIPS September 17, 2014
- GLENNA LUSCHEI AFRICAN POETRY PRIZE DEADLINE: 1 OCTOBER September 17, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- How I started writing: Steve Mwase August 19, 2011
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...