Often a writer is expected to play a major role in society, not only as a cultural agent through writing but also as an activist and well, change agent, giving timely views and opinions on whatever is going on or whatever needs to change.
Tag Archives | Uganda Museum
By Omaya Daniel “And the winner of the Best Written Short Story competition is…” What a suspense! I held my breath and waited. This was at the closing ceremony of African Writers Trust workshop for young writers, which was held in February 2010 in Kampala.
- Love on the Road 2014 writing contest July 15, 2014
- I am Ready to Become a Full Time Editor, says Otieno Owino July 14, 2014
- AWT EDITORS WORKSHOP WAS AWESOME July 7, 2014
- Ellah Wakatama Allfrey on how she became an editor and why editing should be professionalised June 30, 2014
- My Life Has A Price–Tina Okpara’s memoir of modern day slavery September 24, 2012
- Is The Commonwealth Writers’ Prize biased? March 27, 2011
- Place Is Personal, says Leila Aboulela October 30, 2012
- AWT’s Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi wins the Kwani? Manuscript Project July 3, 2013
- Leila Aboulela: Really enjoyed this. Excellent interview....
- Mulumba Ivan Matthias: Nice interview. It's an eye opener....
- Emmanuel Monychol: love this-inspiring story...
- Goretti Kyomuhendo: I am glad you benefited so much, Nakisanze,...